Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brought to you by the color Orange

tomato scone

I brought some of these tomato-rosemary scones to work with me. They seem to attract a lot of attention in the lunchroom due to their bright color, those attention whore scones. They are another tester from the upcoming cookbook "The Crack of Noon." The taste is a little bit like pizza.

nasturtium,tomato scones

The nasturtium in my garden is blooming, knowing full well the scones can barely compete when it comes to provocative color. Little do they know, nasturtium are edible flowers and I've got some plans for them. (and yeah, the scones are hanging out in the garden, they like it out there.)

These mystery flowers started blooming on a plant I've had for several years. For the longest time it was just a green, chronically dehydrated shrub. Then my husband took custody of the shrub, and it has blossomed under his tutelage.

pink flowers

Happy Spring!

No comments: