Saturday, March 22, 2008

Brunch is the Most Important Meal of the Day

buckwheat pancakes,blueberry sauce

My husband and my brother are both homebrewers; they make their own beer. They have just started the spring maintenance on their mini farm where they grow hops. My brother came over early this morning with big plans to get right to work.

I couldn't let them out the door on empty stomachs, and who really can say no to a hot plate of buckwheat pancakes?

The pancake recipe is from an upcoming vegan cookbook, The Crack of Noon, that's all about the fine cuisine of brunch. The blueberry topping is thawed frozen blueberries heated with a little agave nectar.

My brother, who contributed to the actual cooking of the flapjacks because I was dealing with a sink full of dirty dishes (damn those dishes!), gave them an enthusiastic endorsement.

No comments: